Thursday 3 May 2007

Bad Cinema

After watching Kids (1995) and doing a module on 'Shocking Cinema' at A level, I feel that my eyes have been opened to all types of uncomfortable and graphic films.

Kids was one that I found very interesting and found that it had more 'to say' than other films I've seen. Lots of films such as A Clockwork Orange (1971) or Crash (1996) have a lot to say about society and Kids was yet another one that has a message that needs telling.

The use of shocking images and memorable scenes is one that is affective in telling a story and I personally do not have a problem with it. It does not cheapen a film and it is not what is poisoning the youth. It is shows like 'The Simple Life' and 'Big Brother' that should be banned as they promote anorexia, vanity, racism, violence, and anti- social behaviour.

Shocking films are there for adults and instead of banning films, the law should come down on the children who are able watch films not suitable for them. Big Brother has updates of sex and violence on breakfast television and this type of t.v. is what is wrong with the media.

Thanks for listening. (I hate Big Brother!)

No comments: