Saturday 5 May 2007

Responce to Abi's blog on Bad Music

I agree. (See here) Society and family are to blame. Murders are not normal and people feel they need to blame someone.

In my opinion, music cannot tell you how to feel, only agree with your feelings, no matter how deep or forgotten they are.

I have this argument often with people when they say that Coldplay are depressing. I can agree that the majority of their music is slow, but music can only be described as sad when it is a reflection of the listener.

With regards to Marilyn Manson, even if they had listened to the music it cannot explain the reason for a mass murder, as I said in my blog on Oldboy, society need a scapegoat and Manson looks and sounds like one to the "norm"!

Music can be bad if the listener is bad, but the 'worst' music has ever been for me is dark. e.g. Tom Waits (check him out he's wicked!)

Thanks for listening (to Tom Waits, I hope!)

No comments: