Monday 7 May 2007

Gun Control

After hearing about the Police Officer who was shot dead on Sunday, in Shropshire, I am confused at the whole situation.
How do people in this country get access to guns? I guess it’s the same as getting illegal drugs, but because this can harm others, I feel this should be a higher priority to the Police.
.
I feel that news like this raises two issues, how can we stop access to guns and should our police officers be armed? I think with regards to the second question that this may cause more problems that it helps, then again, the officer in Shropshire had the option to fire but didn't. A testimony to the man's character and in the past his attitude regarding weapons was rewarded with a commendation.
.
According to the Home Office however, gun related crimes are very low, if you read further on it does state that it is slowly growing.
.
Thanks for listening. (Sort Of)

No comments: